Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Death

Death is an interesting subject. It must be the only event in life that all creatures share. Being so common would make it a very easy thing to speak of but its not. In fact, the subject is dreaded in conversation, often creating awkward moments and embarrassing apologies. "Oh, I'm so sorry" she said sympathetically. If only my grandad could come back and tell me all about the adventures he is having right now. where you go, what there is to do there, is it a new plain of existence or simply another aspect of the old one? Do you feel better? Do you feel at all? Does time exist or are you floating in blissful eternity? These are all the easy questions to ask. What if when you die, thats it. Dead. I hate to think about death like that but it is the easiest to imagine. The hardest at the same time. Nobody knows what it is like to not exist. It is unimaginable. Does that deem it impossible? My Philosophy teacher allowed anything to be logically possible if it is remotely imaginable. So if a lack of existence is not imaginable, is it impossible? Interesting. I am home alone right now, and for the next few days because my father's father passed away recently. He was an excelent man and very nice. Very knowlegable and proper. If I could strive to live half the life he did, I would be successful in all that I do. I miss him. Wierd how you can talk to a person one day and just a week later, you can never see him again.
-Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home